of Elder Cases
New ELderCases in Last 24 Hrs
Elder Deaths in Last 24 Hrs
Instances of 3 or More Elders/Staff w/ New Onset of
Respiratory Symptoms w/in 72 hours of Each Other
*This elder was diagnosed after discharge from Guerin Woods on August 5, 2020.
2. Examples of Facility Infection Mitigation/Prevention/Planning Measures
Decontamination of all personal items delivered by elder families and friends
Staff Competency Reinforcement/Training: Infection Control; COVID-19; Proper PPE Use; Handwashing; Social Distancing, etc.
Daily staff reminders to self-monitor for fever and symptoms of COVID-19 and to stay home if unwell
Cohorting of essential staff (among Villas)
Exclusion of non-direct care staff
Staff use of masks and goggles/face shields: 100% of the time in Villas
Increased cleaning frequency & use of COVID-19/EPA approved sanitizing solutions for equipment, frequently touched surfaces and common areas
Placement of alcohol-based hand sanitizer in elder’s rooms and common areas
Placement of tissues and trash cans in elder’s rooms and in common areas for respiratory hygiene, cough etiquette, and source control
Elder social distancing and use of masks (for those able) when in common areas
Transition to telephonic/video meetings whenever possible, e.g., Care Plan Meetings
Use of telehealth when appropriate
Creation and use of signage to remind elders and staff re PPE usage, cough etiquette, social distancing, handwashing
Creation of signage in anticipation of positive COVID-19 cases re proper use of PPE, precautions, etc.
Adoption of pharmacy policies & practices that ensure availability of all necessary medications
Pre-shift health assessment/screening of every staff member, including all CDC-defined COVID-19 symptoms
Assessment of elder for CDC-defined COVID-19 symptoms every shift
Cancellation of all non-essential medical appointments, e.g., routine eye exams
Acquisition of additional/excess supplies, e.g., ABHS, soap, paper towels, sanitizing solutions, PPE, oxygen concentrators
Conversion of separate on-site facility to staff sleeping quarters, including procurement of beds, linens, etc.
Conversion of separate on-site facility to accommodate COVID-19 positive elders, including but not limited to new flooring, rental of beds, use of donated storage and office furniture, and waiver application
Conversion of separate on-site facility to accommodate COVID-19 supplies, including preparation of individual kits for ease of use
Staging of COVID-19 materials in anticipation of providing immediate response
Preparation for ability to teach CNA/PCA courses on-site, including but not limited to staff training, licensure, procurement of necessary course materials, etc., in anticipation of potential staffing shortages
Daily meetings among executive and senior clinical staff re newest state and federal COVID-19 regulations & guidance (and changes thereto), associated changes to policies/procedures, education/training, facility changes, etc.
Extensive contingency planning, including adoption of new policies & procedures (and frequent amendment of same as guidelines from federal and state public health authorities change)
Frequent coordination with local and state public health and emergency response authorities
3. Guerin Woods Contacts
Steve Brian (Administrator)
Susan Gernert (President & CEO)
4. Guerin Woods Current Visitation Policy
10 – 11 am
1 – 4 pm
6 – 7 pm
10 – 11 am
1 – 4 pm
10 – 11 am
1 – 4 pm
6 – 7 pm
2 – 3 pm
2 – 3 pm
Location: Villa garden.
Length: 15 minutes.
Frequency: 3 per week.
Scheduling Method: https://guerinwoods.simplybook.me/v2/.
Procedure: Check-in at the Administration Building 10-15 minutes before appointment to complete paperwork.
1. All visitors must be 12 years of age or older.
2. Visitors and elder must wear a face mask during the entirety of your visit.
3. Visitors are required to maintain social distancing during the entirety of your visit.
4. Visitors must use alcohol-based hand rub before and after your outdoor visit.
§ Indoor - Indoor visitation is limited to compassionate care visits (e.g., end of life visits) and those where an elder has both met objective, clinical criteria indicating a meaningful decline in their psychosocial wellbeing and found not to benefit from outdoor visitation, window visits, video chats, and telephone calls.
§ Other - Family members are encouraged to communicate with elders via telephone, video conferencing, and “closed-window” visits. Families are also permitted to leave cards, gifts, etc. for their elder at the Administration Building, where items are sanitized before being transported to the Villas.
5. COVID-19 Testing & Transfers: Guerin Woods is following the guidance and directives of the Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH) and Floyd County Health Department regarding COVID-19 testing. If an elder were to test positive for COVID-19 and Guerin Woods was unable to provide the necessary care, the elder would be transferred to a hospital or other appropriate facility.
6. General Information Regarding COVID-19: For more information about COVID-19, please refer to: https://www.coronavirus.in.gov/2400.htmhttps://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
You can also address general questions about COVID-19 to the ISDH COVID-19 Call Center, available 24/7, at 877-826-0011.
7. Contact Details for Indiana Long-Term Care Ombudsman: The Ombudsman is NOT a representative of the facility, ISDH, or any other organization. However, we do want to provide accurate information to ensure families are comfortable that their loved ones are as safe as possible and are able to make informed decisions.
Office of the Long-Term Care Ombudsman
402 West Washington Street, Room W451
Post Office Box 7083, MS 27
Indianapolis, Indiana 46207-7083
800-622-4484 or 317-232-7134